How many hands do you think I have.....

Big Bro T has taught Lil Sis B many things in her short 2 1/2 years, but the latest is how to throw her snacks on the floor, jump down on all fours and eat them like an animal!  We all made the mistake of laughing at this initially and now she does it with food that is not "eat off the floor friendly" and doesn't understand why we stopped laughing.

Big Bro T takes Tae Kwon Do twice a week- I take him one night dragging along Lil Sis B (because Dad isn't home from work yet).  And my husband takes him one night while I keep Lil Sis B at home- basically he gets to sit and enjoy watching Big Bro T learn new skills, chat with other parents, surf the internet on his phone, stare off into space, you get the idea......

I had to take over Dad's day last week meaning an extra day of packing up his uniform, snacks for Lil Sis B-- after work I pick up Big Bro T, pick up Lil Sis B, feed them in the car on the way to Tae Kwon Do, have Big Bro T change in the car in the parking lot (thank goodness the boy doesn't care) and attempt to settle in for class. 
My first mistake was packing a banana as a snack for Lil Sis B- she decides to peel the ENTIRE banana, break it in two so that each hand can have a piece.  While holding the banana she decides to climb up on the bench and then jump of it...and repeat...  Being cold season she has a bit of a runny nose and as she is chewing a bite of banana she sneezes- and guess what goes flying out of her mouth and onto the floor- MUSHY BANANA!  Before I can scoop it up without attracting too many stares, she drops to all fours and EATS IT!

At this point I have perfected the art of not making eye contact with other adults in order to avoid the apologetic face I would have to make to say "I know that is really gross but what can you do??"  Needless to say, the 40 minute class consists of me making sure Lil Sis B is entertained and contained at the same time, while trying to show Big Bro T I am watching him too! 

After class I text my husband to tell him that Big Bro T did some very cool sparring excercises.  His reply was, "Did you video it?"...........Now I love this man, but how many hands does he think I have???!!! 
I did not reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment