Christmas "vacation" with the kids.....

The Christmas Holiday is upon us.....

My husband and I envision a magical trip to the Happiest Place on Earth with our two miraculously conceived babies.  Starting with waking them up at 5am to begin this magical journey…Dad’s brilliant idea not MINE (my argument is that if I have to get up at 3:45AM when I’m working, WHY would I get up at 5AM when I’m NOT????- anyone with me here??) But I digress…..

We get checked in to the Grand California Hotel which allows you to enter the parks an hour early (have I mentioned we are up early!), get into the park and enjoy our morning (more or less) managing to do rides, breakfast and maneuvering the park.  

Lil Sis B is all about Dad these days and I am LOVING a bit of a break since she insists that HE carry her or that HE hold her hand as she walks……and all was merry in the land of Mickey and Minnie UNTIL Dad and Big Bro T decide to ride Thunder Mountain and guess who is told she has to wait with Mom???  Well since she was so well behaved so far, I didn’t realize that maybe the early morning has caught up with her and she has decided that she will NOT be left behind!  I attempt to juggle my purse, the diaper bag and dad tries to hand me off our little princess, she is not having it!  As we stand at the ride entrance in a crowd of people, I have to peel her off of him and she proceeds to have a MELTDOWN.  Lil Sis B starts kicking and screaming as I try to walk her away to a bench (Dad and Big Brother are long gone)…..well in a matter of minutes my purse is upside down on the ground the bag is somewhere and people that are walking by are staring and people that were sitting on the bench near me are moving away….I want to CRY!!! 

She is doing the “I won’t let you hold me thrashing” and I have to put her on the ground because I can’t control her!  I refuse to look up because I'm soooo embarrassed…..there are wet puddles on the ground from her slobber, tears, and snot…no lie!  I wanted to text my girlfriends to check you tube because I assume that someone taped this madness and posted it for laughs!! 

I send my husband a 1 word text “HELP” and hope he gets it and comes running off……NOPE!  I was desperately wishing another mom would come by and help me or at least stand by me to protect me from all the staring people.  After what felt like HOURS, my husband and Big Bro T are off the ride and she saw them, stopped and said “I go see choo choo”….?????!!  Like nothing happened!!!!

All I can say is that once my husband did see the text, he came running because he thought I was being assaulted……….and I kinda was, just by my own KID!!

Can't wait for Easter "vacation"!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment